Softphone: Making calls via a computer
Make phone calls on the PC or laptop without a phone
Department G3 offers a softphone solution as an alternative or addition to a work cell phone. The solution is provided via an app, which enables you to make calls via your work PC, laptop or smartphone using a headset. The advantage is that you can always be reached via the same number, irrespective of whether you are working from home or in the office. Another benefit is the fact that you can only be reached if the app is open.
Who is the softphone solution suitable for?
The softphone is suitable for employees working from home because they can be contacted using the same phone number as in the office.
Employees who are often out of the office and need to be reached irrespective of their location should (also) apply for a work cell phone.
How can I get a softphone?
- Submit an application to G3.
- The software, which is called MiCollab, is installed on your computer.
- You will receive two e-mails from Mitel about the MiCollab program, which you must save carefully.
- Start the MiCollab program. The program will ask you to enter a long product key. The product key is included in the second e-mail.
- You can then log in using your IdM password and start using the program.
Instructions, documentation and assistance
- Detailed documentation about the softphone tool is available on the Mitel website.
- The FAU’s telephone service has made some tutorials.
- Please contact the telephone service if you require any assistance with installing and setting up the software.
Which features does the softphone solution provide?
- App on the PC, laptop or smartphone
- Same telephone number in the office as at home
- Call list
- Call redirecting
- Call forwarding
- Instant messaging function
- Log-in using IdM password
- Users can set their presence status