Request a pair of computer glasses
Pursuant to the “Guidelines for procuring special visual aids for screen use (computer glasses)”, employers are obliged to provide special visual aids for people working at monitors.
Filing an application
Please follow the correct order (does not correspond to the order listed on the application form from University administration – one copy suffices)!
- Print off application form (Application for computer glasses)
- Fill out header.
- Receive confirmation from manager.
- Prescription for computer glasses from ophthalmologist and confirmation from ophthalmologist on application form (please be sure to place crosses in correct position) – (only for first application or if the last application was filed more than three years ago).
- Contact the Occupational Medical Serviceby phone on: +49 9131 85 23666.
- Send application form with a copy of your glasses prescription by internal mail to Occupational Medical Service.
- You can now take the prescription signed by the ophthalmologist (only when applying for the first time) and the application signed by your manager and the Occupational Medical Service to order computer glasses.
- Collect your new glasses and the application form signed by the optician, and sign the employee’s declaration (point 5 on the application form).
- Submit the application form, prescription and invoice including your bank details to University administration (H1, Ms. Hechenberger) or Universitätsklinik (to the member of the human resources team responsible for you).
Documents relating to computer glasses
- Circular from H1 on working conditions for employees and public servants of the Free State of Bavaria who use screens – reimbursement of expenses for computer glasses dated September 20, 2017
- Guidelines for procuring special visual aids for screen use (computer glasses), announcement dated September 26, 2009
- Application for computer glasses (last updated 2021)
- Contract price list for services provided by opticians for supplying computer glasses to public servants and employers in the public service of the Free State of Bavaria (valid from July 1, 2020)